Monday, December 1, 2008

Crocheted Play Food

If you have ever had a little girl you will evenually have a play sink and play food. I do foster care so I have to be prepared for a number of ages and either boy or girl. So one day in my travels I saw plastic play food for a good price and bought some.
I was a variety pack and had all different type of food. I noticed that instead of imaginary play happening i just heard "What this?" Or "it won't open". Most of it I didn't know what it was. I thought that there had to be a better way of having play food that actually could be played with. So I thought of different ways i could make it felt, material and crocheting/knitting. I first started with felt but after a few things go ripped to shreds by one child I decided against it. It wasn't strong enough. Material was too hard to figure out. So I moved onto crocheting because I am not very good at knitting. The nice thing about the crochet play food is that it can be washed and doesn't pose a choking hazard. So my goal is to make an entire play set of crochet play food. Let's see if I can do it.

No comments: